On hot summer days, the best baby carrier for summer is a favorite product for mothers today. The baby carrier is very convenient in the mother wants to take the baby to play, go shopping. How many babies can sling for months? What type of carrier should you use? This article will help you with that.
How many months can a baby be used
Now the carrier has become a secondary tool for taking care of babies. Mothers often use carriers to carry their babies when going to the supermarket to buy things, go for walks, go out.
So how many months can the baby be able to use a carrier?
Usually, babies born around 1 month of age can also be used to sling a baby with a baby lying down.
However, it is not good to carry a baby too early, so we should not carry a baby when it is very young and we should choose a simple carrier with neck support function and suitable size, a firm latch to prevent the baby from slipping go out.
Usually, babies under 6 months old are still immature, so when carrying a baby, the baby should be carried forward so that they can see their face to help them feel safer and more secure
Children from 4-8 months old, they can be carried in their backs or other positions because their necks are stronger so they can turn around easily, so they can carry them easily,
Children over 8 months old are more active at this time so we can safely carry them out for shopping, shopping by motorbike.
How to use a safe carrier
On the market there are many different types of carriers, helping us to carry a lot of different positions.
For children from 1 to 4 months old, their neck is still very soft, so they should be carried horizontally so that they can lift their heads to ensure their safety.
From 4 to 8 months, the mother should carry her baby to face her direction so that she can see her then the child will be happy and feel safer and more secure.
From 8 months and up, we can carry babies in many positions: It can be carried in front of the chest, baby carrier in the back, the baby carrier on one side. At this time, the neck of the child starts to become stronger so we can carry the baby to play, go to the supermarket by motorbike, bicycle.
When carrying a baby, it is necessary to check the hooks for safety and take them away.
Avoid holding the baby for too long, do not carry the baby for more than 2 hours.
Avoid holding the baby too low can cause breathing difficulties in children.
To safely use a carrier for a child when using the mother, note the following:
- Check if your child has trouble breathing.
- Do not sling children when being active, such as jogging, exercising, hoeing …
- When mothers cook, do not carry the youngest when they are frying and cutting vegetables and meat with a knife
- Do not bend over while carrying a baby as this may cause the baby to fall out.
- Check the temperature to see if your baby is hot when sling.
- Do not carry the baby for too long (> 2 hours) because the baby stays in the carrier for a long time will make the baby feel uncomfortable and affect the musculoskeletal system of the baby.
- When carrying a baby, mothers should remember to carefully check the safety lock, the position of the baby properly to ensure safety.
- For babies who are too young due to premature birth, low weight, stunted, malnourished, the mother should use a baby carrier with simple uses, safe neck support so that it is suitable for the size and weight of the baby. Please.
- Always keep an eye on your baby in case she suffers from suffocation inside the carrier without her noticing.
- Never sling your baby while you are exercising or doing vigorous movements. This will cause the baby to shake strongly, affecting the musculoskeletal system, affecting the health of the baby.
- Do not bend when carrying your baby as this will cause the baby to fall out.
- Do not carry your baby while sitting in a car or airplane as there will be many unintended cases.
- Remember to check the temperature of the carrier regularly to avoid overheating.
Note when choosing a baby carrier
Currently, on the market, there are many different types of carriers, so depending on the needs or interests, the mother can choose a versatile or single carrier.
Should choose a carrier with clear labels and origin, the material is a breathable fabric, avoid the regret that buys poor quality carriers.
Should choose a carrier suitable for the size and weight of the child, avoid the case of large sling that young children can slip out.
Choosing a sling position is better for babies than sitting in a sitting position.
So above we have shown you some knowledge about how to choose a carrier and summer for the appropriate baby. Hopefully, moms will have more knowledge about child care.